Oct. 11–31, 2014
Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, step right up for the ride of your life at the Creepy Carnival, the Children’s Museum Guild’s 51st Annual Haunted House! From the midway to the sideshows, this carnival of characters will have you squealing with fright and delight.
The Haunted House offers IPL’s Lights-On Hours (for children who scare easily) and Defender Direct’s Frightening Hours (with the lights off, for children who dare to be scared). XTREME SCREAM late nights take fright to the next level on select Friday and Saturday nights for super-brave visitors. Tickets for Lights-On and Frightening Hours are $7 at the door; Xtreme Scream tickets are $12. All tickets are available at The Children’s Museum Box Office.
The Children's Museum Guild's Haunted House is the oldest continually operating haunted house in the nation! The Haunted House is a fundraiser for the museum, raising more than $9.5 million since it began in 1964.
Become a Sponsor
Chosen by Rand McNally as one of the Top Ten Haunted Houses in the United States, The Children’s Museum Guild’s Haunted House is the museum’s biggest fundraiser of the year. Become a 2014 partner!
- The Haunted House is located in the world’s biggest children’s museums.
- More than 2.5 million visitors have toured the Haunted House since its inception in 1964.
- Each year, Guild members donate about 35,000 hours working on the Haunted House.
- Last year the house raised more than $585,000 for the museum.
Black Hat Bash
Oct. 10, 6:30–9:30 p.m.
Join us for frightful family fun! Come one, come all to this enchanting event—the third annual Black Hat Bash! This hair-raising hullaballoo is back, and it's a soirèe so spirited that it's supernatural!
The Black Hat Bash will feature:
- Fa-boo-lous” Food Stations from “Fa-boo-lous” Area Restaurants
- Spellbinding Spirits and Beautifully Batty Beverages
- Dancing to Tunes Played by a Devilish DJ
- Crazy Costume Runway Show
- Dream Authentics "Dreadful" Arcade
- Lights-On and Frightening tours of the Haunted House*
*Every attendee to the Black Hat Bash will receive a ticket to the Haunted House
that is good through Oct. 31.
This is one night at The Children’s Museum you don’t want to miss! This all-ages affair promises to be frightfully fun!
Friendly Feast with the Witches
Enjoy a breakfast or lunch “BOO-fet” with the friendliest of witches! This event includes fab“boo”lous Halloween entertainment by Ruditoonz, a tour of Creepy Carnival during IPL’s Lights-On Hours (for children who scare easily), and LOTS of happy, friendly witches!