Mr. Bear's Playhouse
for children ages 5 and under
|Presented by||Supported by|
Featuring many favorite interactive elements from the museum's beloved Playscape gallery, Mr. Bear's Playhouse is a dedicated space for infants, toddlers, and preschoolers to investigate, discover, and explore! Mr. Bear's Playhouse is open for children 5 and under and their families until the all-new, expanded early learning experience opens in late August 2013.
Come in and play together!
- Work together to pump "water." Try different jobs like water pumper, bucket carrier, and water catcher.
- Explore the toddler space for cubs 0-24 months.
- Try on costumes.
- Climb to the bird nest and slide back down.
- Play on the train table.
- Try out different tools at the sand table.
See, think, and wonder in the new program area
- Explore using different textures and materials to create patterns in sand.
- Observe real artifacts to find shapes, patterns, and designs to draw with your child.
- Participate in programs that explore art, encourage creative play, and help build fine motor skills.
Mother Bear's Den
Enjoy private nursing rooms for you and your little one.
Re-envisioning Playscape—what's coming next?
Our former preschool gallery, Playscape, closed for renovation earlier this year. A new early childhood experience will open in August of 2013. The design of the new early learning gallery will incorporate four experiential worlds for young children and their families to explore. The new gallery will also offer a nursing area and a family restroom.