Play SCVNGR at The Children's Museum of Indianapolis
What is SCVNGR?
SCVNGR is a location-based social game platform that encourages you and your family to complete challenges to earn points and unlock badges. You can play by downloading a free app for your smart phone or by text message. SCVNGR also lets you add friends and share your SCVNGR activity with your social networks. Learn more at the SCVNGR website. Be sure to check back before each visit to see if any new treks have been added!
Museum Super SCVNGR
Think you know The Children's Museum? Test your musuem IQ by doing our 80-question Super SCVNGR Trek. If you have never visited The Children's Museum, the Super Trek is a great way to explore all that the biggest and best Children's Museum has to offer.
Smart Phone Players: select "Museum Super SCVNGR" trek
SMS Players: Text "super" to 728647
Indy Museum Adventure Trek
Indianapolis Jones needs your family to help locate seven treasures in the museum. Work together to figure out the clues to try and find the location of each treasure.
Smart Phone Players: select "Indy Museum Adventure" trek
SMS Players: Text "childrensmuseum" to 728647
Riley Healthy Walk
The Children's Museum has partnered with Riley Hospital for Children to create a fun way for families to learn about healthy habits. Take a brisk walk up the ramp to Level 4 and complete challenges in the Health House exhibit in the ScienceWorks gallery.
Smart Phone Players: select "Riley Healthy Walk" trek
SMS Players: Text the word "healthy" to 728647
How to Play SCVNGR
There are two ways to play SCVNGR. Smartphone users can download the SCVNGR app from the iTunes Store or Android Market for free. SCVNGR is location based so you must be at the museum to play. For smartphone users, locations services must be turned on.
Using the App
- Once you've downloaded the SCVNGR app, launch it and select "Treks" from the main menu. The Children's Museum treks should be in the list of "Nearby Treks."
- Select the trek you want to play.
- Select a "Place" from the list of museum locations where challenges are located.
- Once you've selected a "Place," select a challenge from that place. There may be one or several challenges in a place. Once you've completed a challenge we recommend using the Back buttton to get back to the list of challenges in order to select another one.
- Use the Back button again to move back to the list of places, or to get to the main SCVNGR menu.
While we find that using an app is easier to navigate, users with SMS-enabled cell phones can still play SCVNGR. Simply text a keyword to 728647 to get started. You'll receive a series of messages with instructions on what to do. If you want to end the game before you finish the Trek, simply text the word "STOP" to the same number. Message and data rates may apply.
For help, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
To see full Terms & Conditions go to: http://scvngr.com/terms