Countdown to Noon
Dec. 31, 10 a.m.–1 p.m.
Five, four, three, two, one . . .Happy Noon Year! Children and families are invited to celebrate the final day of 2010 at The Children’s Museum. There will be activities, music, and a Water Clock countdown to noon that allows families to experience the excitement of a New Year’s countdown at a reasonable hour for the younger members of the family. Meet characters from Oz featured in our Lilly Theater play, Dorothy Returns! and stay to see the show.
The Children’s Museum will offer activities for the entire family from 10 a.m.–1 p.m. in the Sunburst Atrium:
10 a.m.—Activities begin:
- Be one of the first 1,000 visitors and receive a special New Year’s hat or noisemaker (one per person)
- Make a puppet of your favorite character from the Land of Oz
- Design your own wand or safe sparkler to help ring in the New Year
- Count down to noon with a special Oz character who will use the museum’s Water Clock to help him keep time.
- Learn more about the museum’s famous Water Clock
10-11:30 a.m.—Take your photo with characters from the Lilly Theater play “Dorothy Returns”
11:58 a.m.—The Scarecrow, from the Lilly Theater play “Dorothy Returns,” and a lucky museum member child will help lead the Countdown to Noon.
Noon—Confetti cannons will herald the Noon Year and visitors will have the opportunity to sing “We’re off to See the Wizard”
Questions? Contact the Customer Service Center at 317-334-4000.