About StarPoint Camp
StarPoint is a unique, educational summer camp for youth ages 6–12 in The Children’s Museum neighborhood. All of the activities during the camp are curriculum-based and developed by trained museum educators. The best part is that the camp is affordable for any and all kids!
We now offer four one-week summer sessions. The sessions are Mondays through Fridays for 1 week each, and will be full day from 9 a.m.-4 p.m. You will be able to register your child to attend one, two, three, or all four weeks of camp. Lunch and a snack will be provided on all camp days.
- This year, camp runs from June 14– July 9, 2021. There will be no camp on Monday, July 5.
- Week One – June 14-18
- Superheroes: The Science of Being Super
- Week Two – June 21-25
- Grossology: The Study of Gross
- Week Three – June 28-July 2
- Olympic Gold: History, Locations, and Participants
- Week Four – July 6-10
- Art Mania
- Camp is for children ages 6-12 years old. They are separated into three cabins based on age.
- Trains Cabin – Ages 6-7
- Polar Bears Cabin – Ages 8-10
- Race Cars Cabin – Ages 11-12
- Licensed classroom teachers are the main camp instructors. Each cabin also has a college intern and a junior staff member.
- A camp aide will also be present to work with any campers who might need extra assistance.
Our Campers Get Amazing Access!
- Behind-the-scenes looks at The Children's Museum collection and Lilly Theater
- Visits from local artists and experts
- Visits to STEMLab, related galleries, and infoZone, where campers use the latest computer technologies and participate in the Summer Reading Program
- Field trips to other learning institutions
- Camp is being planned to run in-person this summer.
- Requirements for COVID-19 safety will be determined and shared in May to allow us to plan with the most current CDC recommendations. If you are registered and determine that our precautions will not work for you and your child, you may unregister for a full refund. Any open seats will be filled from the waitlist.
- Camp fees are $17 per child each week for Neighborhood residents* and Access Pass holders and $75 per child each week for non-Neighborhood residents.
- Registration for Neighborhood residents* and Access Pass holders will be available starting Tuesday, March 2 at 10 a.m.
- Neighborhood Club Membership or Access Pass must be current to enroll during the early registration period and to receive the discounted rate. Please ensure your membership is renewed prior to registration.
- Register by phone at 317-334-4000 or 1-800-820-6214
- Register in person by visiting the Concierge Desk during the museum’s normal business hours.
*Neighborhood residents include those living in Crown Hill, Highland Vicinity, Historic Meridian Park, Mapleton-Fall Creek, Meridian Highland, and Watson-McCord.
Camp fills up quickly, so please don’t wait to secure your child’s spot. If you have any questions at all, feel free to contact Caitlin Gorman at CaitlinG@childrensmuseum.org or 317-334-3629.