If you are an 8th–11th grader interested in or passionate about being a leader and problem solver to address needs in your community, improve life for others and solve social issues, join us for the Social Action Design-a-Thon 2021 on Saturday, Oct. 2, Noon–8 pm at The Children’s Museum of Indianapolis!
Spend the day hearing from experts about real-world issues and working on teams as Social Action Designers to solve a community challenge by designing a successful service project or program plan. While you gain new knowledge for service and social action, you will use your unique talents and build new skills essential to being a 21st century problem solver for good!
Design-a-Thon activities will focus on fun, action and teamwork as you:
- Use empathy, problem solving and the talents of each team member
- Develop realistic goals for your service project or program
- Write a pitch and create basic marketing materials
- Learn basics of organizing logistics for a service project or program
- Plan for recruiting volunteers and raising funds or item donations
- Create a plan for an event
- Identify how you will measure your initiative’s impact to tell a powerful story
If you are a school or youth organization administrator who wants to send a team of teens to participate together, please contact Luana Nissan, Power of Children Awards Program Manager at email@example.com.
For questions about the Design-a-thon 2021, please contact Luana Nissan at firstname.lastname@example.org or 317-334-3821.
Notice related to COVID-19: Your health and safety are our top priority. Our staff continues to work hard to ensure a safe and FUN visit for you. Our policies remain responsive to the current environment and we will continue to monitor information from our local and state health departments, as well as the CDC. You can find the museum's current health and safety procedures here.