10 Ways Sports Fans Can Make Memories Volunteering
The Riley Children’s Health Sports Legends Experience® is 7.5 acres of indoor and outdoor family fun, filled with rich sports history, physical fitness, and health education--and it will take a lot of volunteers to help families as they run, drive, jump, putt, and play while learning how to stay happy, healthy, and safe. What will it look like to volunteer in the sports experience? Here are 10 ways you could make memories volunteering...
- “They shoot, they score!” As a volunteer you will be able to explore sports in unique ways as you teach new skills and help children grow in confidence. The memory of a child’s first success with sports can lead them to find life-long passion.
- Skills and drills. Our volunteers will not only receive training for 10 totally new sports experiences, but also they will get to be some of the first to explore this huge addition to The Children’s Museum!
- Give back in the sunshine. Being able to give back to the community while being outdoors and enjoying the Indiana summer will create fulfilled collaborations between our volunteers and our museum-goers, along with a healthy dose of vitamin D for everyone!
- Walk among legends. Larry Bird, Barbara Wynne, Pete and Alice Dye, A.J. Foyt, Wayne Gretzkey, and Reggie Miller are among the legends whose stories you can help bring to life as a volunteer, representing the legends themselves within the Sports Legends Experience.
- Be a leader. As a volunteer, you will become the role model for the children who are first learning basketball, golf, football, tennis, baseball, soccer, hockey, and more. You will also be one of the first to be able to instill values of teamwork and co-operation in the young learners.
- Be well. Learn from our partner Riley Children's Health as together we promote healthy habits and physical activities for museum families, which can help your own family start on a path to better health together.
- Help make memories. School groups and birthday parties will make volunteering even more fun as you will be able to interact with entire groups of children who are excited, ready to learn, and eager to try new experiences!
- New opportunities. Young adults volunteering will also gain irreplaceable and applicable leadership and communication skills through teaching and demonstrating activities, hosting groups throughout the day, and working behind the scenes to create a successful experience.
- Learn from others. Guests from all over come to visit the biggest and best children’s museum, so as a volunteer, you'll be able to interact different people who can help broaden your worldview and expand your network.
- Share the love. All of the one-of-a-kind memories made volunteering in the Sports Legends Experience also can be shared with your family, co-workers, or friends with our group volunteer opportunities.
- BONUS!! As a museum volunteer, you can make even more memories due to all of our awesome volunteer benefits. Some of these include annual themed awards banquet and other recognition events, learning seminars and professional development opportunities, access to the staff workout room, discount in Museum Store and Food Court, and even group travel opportunities!
With flexible volunteer opportunities and many options for volunteering hours, the sports experience a unique chance to give back in an extraordinary setting. If you enjoy the outdoors, playing and teaching sports, and interacting with children and families, then you'll want to look into volunteering at the Riley Children's Health Sports Legends Experience®, opening March 17! Get started at www.childrensmuseum.org/join-our-team.