Blog Ambassador Tips for a Kid-Free Sports Experience Trip
Throughout the year we'll hear from eight bloggers as they share about their family's time in the Riley Children’s Health Sports Legends Experience® and how it inspires them to explore these sports back at home.
Have a day without kids? Go play at The Children’s Museum!
My husband and I are all about date night. It’s a weekly event. If you’ve dropped off the kids, don’t just veg in front of the TV. You and your partner need meaningful time together without kid interruption. Instead, visit the sports experience kid-free for a bit of competitive fun and a day you’ll never forget!
You have from March to November to play outdoors at the sports experience (and then the indoor exhibits are open year-round!) Set a date right this very minute. Just remember to leave the spiky heels in the car and don a pair of closed-toe shoes (flats or sneakers). You need them for the Indianapolis Motor Speedway Pedal Car Racetrack Experience and Church Brothers Collision Repair Drag Strip.
Tips for a great date at The Children’s Museum!
- Hit the track. Go head-to-head and pedal your way to victory! In the round against my husband, you know I won (don’t listen to what he says!). Commemorate your victory with a photo at the Central Indiana Honda Dealers Winner’s Circle. Share it on social media with hashtag #atTCM so the rest of us can live vicariously through you.
- Go for a run on the track measuring two-fifths of a mile. You’ll find it in the Jane and Steve Marmon Run-Walk Experience. But first things first, you need to warm up! Get started at the Dr. Cory SerVaas Fitness Path. Do a lap or two on the track. The winner picks the next event.
- Get your golf on at the Pete and Alice Dye Golf Experience Presented by Henry and Christine Camferdam. Not only are there four 9-hole courses, but this putt putt adventure features mini replicas of those designed by Pete and Alice Dye here in the US and beyond. It’s not everyone who can jet set around the world and back again in a single afternoon. But at the Children’s Museum of Indianapolis, you can.
- Channel your inner legends. You know the Old National Bank Sports Legends Avenue of Champions statues you never had a chance to read before because the kids pulled you in every direction? Now you can. To dig deeper, see how these sixteen sports legends were chosen right here.
- Field goal! Or not. (Not everyone can be Adam Vinatieri.) Practice your kicking at the field goal or polish your passing skills by hurling a pass over opponent cut-outs at the Indianapolis Colts Football Experience.
- No Hoosier day is complete without shooting hoops. Visit the Indiana Pacers and Fever Basketball Experience and see who comes out on top in a shot-clock hoop challenge. Hit the high hoop for a friendly game or see who is the passing master at the Pacers/Fever player targets. It’s harder than it looks!
Buy your tickets online with Plan-Ahead Pricing and you can skip the lines and save a lot of money. The museum staff will scan your ticket on your smartphone so you can start date night without the wait. If you have to travel Indiana to get here, it’s worth it. Extra tip—the parking is free!
Run, laugh, and play like you're eight-years-old again without a care in the world. Don’t worry, you’ll blend right in at The Children’s Museum!