The 2017 Dinosaur Digs for both families and adults are now SOLD OUT.
Join Us in Summer 2017 for a Dinosaur Dig!
Museum staff and volunteers are heading to Faith, South Dakota to dig for dinosaurs at Ruth Mason Quarry, and we want YOU to join!
Ruth Mason Quarry is one of the largest fossil beds of duckbill dinosaurs, and we need all the participants we can get. Join us for a family or adults-only dinosaur dig!
Family Dinosaur Dig
July 7-8, 9-10, 2017
Families with children ages 8* and older can enjoy two days of fossil digging. Begin your big dino-digging adventure with “Digging 101” at a nearby site. Look for small fossils on the surface, and then dig for larger fossils at the Ruth Mason Quarry.
$320 per person, members
$400 per person, nonmembers
- Families arrange their own transportation to and from Faith, South Dakota and make their own reservations at the Prairie Vista Inn in Faith.
- Fees include transportation between the hotel and dig site, lunch, an on-site EMT, and all supplies. It does not cover transportation to Faith or lodging.
For more information about attending a Family Dinosaur Dig, contact Melissa Trumpey at 317-334-3114 or email@example.com.
*The minimum age for all participants is 8. Proof of age may be required at the time of registration. Special orientation for the Family Dino Digs: June 3, 2017.
Adult-Only Dinosaur Dig
July 13-16, 2017
Join museum staff for four days of digging at the Ruth Mason Quarry with other dino-enthusiasts. Participants must be 21 or older.
$995 per person
- A 20% discount per person will be offered if a roommate is named upon registration.
- Registration and full payment deadline: May 13, 2017
- A $100 nonrefundable down payment is required at the time of registration for the adult dig.
- Fees include lodging, transportation in South Dakota, an on-site EMT, all supplies, and lunch during the dig.
- Fees do not include transportation to South Dakota. Once in Faith, transportation to and from the dig site will be provided by museum staff.
For more information about attending an Adult Dinosaur Dig, contact Becky Wolfe at 317-334-4681 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Digging at the site is weather dependent. If a dig day is cancelled due to weather conditions refunds will not be given, but alternative programming will be provided.
All participants must be in good health and be able to walk moderate distances, kneel or sit for long periods of time, and tolerate high temperatures. All participants must provide adequate medical information and a written clearance from a physician to participate in the digs. All medical releases must be current, signed, and returned by June 3, 2017. For safety purposes, the museum reserves the right to deny or cancel a person’s dig registration if, in the museum’s opinion, the person has not provided sufficient assurances of his/her fitness to participate. Only registered participants will be permitted on the dig site.
Open registration begins on Thursday, December 1. No online reservations will be accepted. To register, contact the Customer Service Center at 317-334-4000.