There is no way around it. Halloween will look different in 2020 because of the pandemic. The Children’s Museum Guild will continue its 57-year tradition of providing frightful fun (albeit this year without a formal Haunted House due to restrictions centered around COVID-19). Have no fear (well, maybe a little fun fear); those wild, whacky and wonderfully witchy Guild women are determined not to disappoint little ghosts and goblins.
Announcing Monster MASKarade presented by Old National Bank! Every weekend in October 2020, the outdoor Riley Children’s Health Sports Legends Experience® is the place for families and children to experience the tricks and treats of Halloween in a safe, socially distanced way. During these exclusive Monster MASKarade times on Friday evenings from 6-8 p.m., and Saturday mornings from 8-10 a.m. (weather dependent), don your favorite safety mask (personally decorated if you choose) and come enjoy the fun.
Here is a video link:
- Try the Monster Mash Candy Dash—It’s like musical chairs, but with ghosts, candy and haunts!
- Take on the challenge at SportsTRACKular—It’s an ominous obstacle course where you can run, jump, and glide through challenges, and enter the virtual mask or costume contest! • Play Broom Ball—Race about on broomsticks and battle family and friends on the Broom Ball Field.
- Dance at Mummies in Motion—Bust out your best moves and strike a frightful pose at this family-friendly music and movement experience.
- Make Family Memories Forever—View and snap selfies in front of the big and colorful Creepy Castle, Pirate’s Revenge-Ship, Grim-nasium Dugout and more haunted displays that harken back to popular themes of past Children’s Museum Guild Haunted Houses.
- Enjoy a boxed meal! Dinner on Friday evening or breakfast on Saturday morning.
- Get your goody bag (one for each attendee)!
- Join Frances the Friendly Witch as she leads the Monster MASKarade Parade at the end of each event!
Capacity is limited for each experience. So make sure you buy tickets ahead of time. They are $23 per member and $25 per nonmember. Tickets can be purchased in advance at childrensmuseum.org/monster. Tickets will not be sold at the door. Note: Costumes are strongly encouraged; face coverings are required for everyone age 2 and over (Halloween masks with mouth and/or nose holes are not sufficient by themselves). Monster MASKarades are weather permitting events. If a MASKarade is canceled due to inclement weather, ticket holders will be offered another date or a refund. Monster MASKarade is presented by Old National Bank and supported by Indianapolis Power and Light Company and Dentons Bingham Greenbaum LLP.
Magic, mystery & mayhem behind the scenes… who knows what lurks behind the vault of The Children’s Museum’s creepiest of collections? There’s freaky fashion and dreadful dolls and other frightening finds. Sure there are more than 130,000 amazing artifacts; but this Halloween, we’ll share scary stories from the creepiest part of our collections. Tune in to Facebook on Oct. 30, 2020 for a virtual tour in which actors share alarming tales.
The Children’s Museum of Indianapolis is proud to partner with Riley Children’s at Indiana University Health, Old National Bank and Ice Miller LLP.
About The Children's Museum of Indianapolis
The Children's Museum of Indianapolis is a nonprofit institution committed to creating extraordinary learning experiences across the arts, sciences, and humanities that have the power to transform the lives of children and families. For more information about The Children's Museum, visit www.childrensmuseum.org, follow us on Twitter @TCMIndy, Instagram @childrensmuseum, YouTube.com/IndyTCM, and Facebook.