‘Tis the season for gift-giving! With the holidays getting closer, families are starting to hunt for that perfect gift to surprise the young ones in their lives. Everyone knows what it’s like to shop for hours on end, in crowded stores with hundreds of options, and still not know what to buy. The Children’s Museum of Indianapolis is here to help. At Kid-Test, Kid-Approved, the ones who will receive the gifts pick out which toys they like best. That way, mom, dad, grandma, and grandpa don’t have to play the guessing game and know ahead of time that their little ones will be happy based on how they vote.
30 of this year’s favorite toys flooded testing tables for children to cuddle, bounce, build, and enjoy. Now the top ten results from the 19th annual “Kid-Tested, Kid Approved” are here:
- Crayon Melter – Put those abandoned crayons to use with the Crayon Melter! The Crayon Melter brings renewed life to Crayola crayon sets everywhere with melted crayon artwork that’s easier than ever before to create.
- HexBug Ring Racer- Design your own cylindrical robot! The HexBug Ring Racer comes with two skinny wheels connected to an electric motor in the middle. Great for any child eager to see their imagination come to life!
- HexBug Gladiators Stadium - Let the games begin! Customize your HexBug Gladiator for the epic duels that await in the HexBug Gladiators Battling Robots Stadium. May the player with the best strategy win.
- Dr. Cool Velociraptor Wildlife Wow – Don’t be fooled—this dino comes to life! Download the app and watch your new dinosaur come to life through a virtual reality experience.
- Skeeball – This unique hand-ball game is great to entertain any group of friends!
- Dragon Coaster-Maker Kit – Love roller coasters? Learn about the physics of a roller coaster while building your own!
- Polar Babies Floof – Floof is super moldable, soft, and easy to pack into any shape you can imagine! Comes with 3-D animal molds: Penguin, Polar Bear, and Wolf.
- The Vortex 3 Bank – Learn how to save with The Vortex 3 Bank! You can watch your coins roll perfectly onto the edge of the vortex. Just like a satellite in orbit.
- Creativity for Kids-Happy Hedgehog Sequin Pet – This little critter comes ready to craft, pet, and cuddle. Decorate this happy hedgehog with reusable stickers!
- Rock Crayons – These special shaped Rock Crayons are smooth as a river rock! Making it easier for small hands to draw the biggest shapes.
“Our award-winning store offers a wide range of engaging and educational toys that encourage creativity and help youngsters at various developmental stages,” said Dr. Jeffrey H. Patchen, president and CEO, The Children’s Museum of Indianapolis. “We are hoping this list, as voted on by children themselves, will help parents discover what most interests their special child. Then our holiday helpers in the store can help you pick out the perfect present geared toward a wide variety of ages.”
The hard part is done; now, here’s a way to save money when buying the toys. Come back for a Black Friday 30% discount on Nov. 23, 2018 from 8:30 until 10 a.m. Get a great deal on the best toys. Shipping and gift wrapping are available for your purchases. Then stick around to watch Santa zoom to the museum in a real race car driven by Ed Carpenter, Indy car team owner and driver of the No. 20 Chevrolet. Carpenter will drive and Santa’s along for the ride in the IndyRacing Experience 2-seater!
Don’t forget museum memberships also make a great gift. That way adults can enjoy the present along with the kids. Memberships may be purchased at the museum, online at www.childrensmuseum.org/membership, or by calling (317) 334-4000. Store hours are from 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Tuesdays through Sundays; the store will be open until 2 p.m. on Dec. 24 to make those last minute holiday purchases.
About The Children's Museum of Indianapolis
The Children's Museum of Indianapolis is a nonprofit institution committed to creating extraordinary learning experiences across the arts, sciences, and humanities that have the power to transform the lives of children and families. For more information about The Children's Museum, visit www.childrensmuseum.org, follow us on Twitter @TCMIndy, Instagram@childrensmuseum, YouTube.com/IndyTCM, and Facebook.