It can be challenging for parents and grandparents to know which of the season’s toys are the best. But the young toy experts of Indianapolis have tested 38 different toys and have spoken and now we have the answers.
Today, The Children’s Museum of Indianapolis held the 19th annual Kid-Tested, Kid-Approved event where young people had a chance to play with the hottest toys of 2017. Children took their time to play and judge each toy before casting a vote for their favorite. The kids narrowed their favorites down to the top ten toys of the season.
The Top Ten Kid-Tested, Kid-Approved Toys for 2017 in order of votes received are:
- Stikball with Mitts - Let's play some indoor or outdoor catch! It's fun and easy because Stikball has a sticky surface and moldable core that "Splats" and sticks to any flat surface-like the two stickball mitts included!
- Stikbot - Studio Bring your Imagination to life with Stikbot Studio! Pose the characters in impossibly fun situations with the attached suction cups on their hands and feet. Snap a photo and use the special phone app to add effects for truly unique creations!
- Shoot Out Hockey - Go head to head to try to score a goal, but watch out! Motorized Goalies are there to try to block your shot! Aim, Shoot, and Score!
- R/C Space Shuttle - Have an imaginary adventure in space! Radio controlled space shuttle zips around with lights and sounds!
- Kwick Stix - No mess painting fun! Kwik Stix is a Solid Tempera Paint that you can draw on paper, posters, and much more. Just uncap, twist, and paint. No water needed and dries almost immediately!
- 3-D Mirascope - Get ready to have your mind blown! Put any tiny object into this toy and see a 3D holographic effect! No 3-D glasses needed! A truly amazing illusion created by science!
- Plus-Plus - Plus-Plus is a fun, interactive building system where a child can be creative and strengthen motor skills with a shape, color and form. Simplistic in shape yet endless with possibility- what a "Plus"!
- MiniLab Polymer Snow - Polymer snow is made of tiny white polymers. When water is added to it, they will absorb water molecules by osmosis and increase to 100x their original size. As the water evaporates they will shrink to their original size, ready to use again and again!
- Elasti Plasti - Elasti Plasti is a fun new putty that can expand 100x! Blow bubbles up to 20x it size! Goopy, oozy, slimy fun!
- Zip, Flip ‘n Race - Your little one will love watching their car flip and zip down this multi-level track! Cars are a different color on each side so with each flip a new color is unveiled.
See the full list of toys tested by the kids at the store page on our website or stop into the museum store to buy one of the winning toys. High resolution photos are available upon request.
“Our award-winning store offers a wide variety of toys that are both educational and fun that will also inspire children at various developmental stages,” said Dr. Jeffrey H. Patchen, president and CEO, The Children’s Museum of Indianapolis. “The fact that children are the ones who play with and select these toys helps grandparents, moms, dads, aunts and uncles select toys they know that other children the same age already love taking the stress off shopping.” Holiday helpers in the store can help shoppers pick out the perfect present geared toward a wide variety of ages.
Museum memberships also make a great family or grandparent holiday purchase or stocking stuffer. Memberships may be purchased at the museum, online, or by calling (317) 334-4000. Store hours are from 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Tuesdays through Sundays. The store will be open until 2 p.m. on Dec. 24, 2017 to make those last minute holiday purchases. That also happens to be a free admission day for all visitors.
About The Children's Museum of Indianapolis
The Children's Museum of Indianapolis is a nonprofit institution committed to creating extraordinary learning experiences across the arts, sciences, and humanities that have the power to transform the lives of children and families. For more information about The Children's Museum, visit www.childrensmuseum.org, follow us on Twitter @TCMIndy, Instagram @childrensmuseum, YouTube.com/IndyTCM, and Facebook.