Be an Extraordinary Volunteer
Be part of something big. Volunteers at The Children’s Museum are key to what we do each and every day. They help spark curiosity and engage children and families in ways that shape their lives forever. They get to explore behind the scenes and learn what makes this place so extraordinary.
We know you have tons of volunteer opportunities to choose from around our vibrant city. So why choose us? Here are 10 great reasons to make this the place to invest your time and talents.
Top 10 Reasons to Volunteer at The Children’s Museum
- It’s the world’s biggest and best. With over 1.2 million visitors, 472,00-square feet, and 120,000 artifacts, the children’s museum is one of the top-ranked, most respected museums in the nation.
- Grow and stretch yourself professionally with professional development classes, field trips, and networking.
- Be part of a dynamic and creative team. Meet volunteers with fascinating and diverse backgrounds and make lifelong friends.
- Positively influence youth. Support great community initiatives and help enhance visitors’ experiences.
- Great perks! 30% discount in The Museum Store and Food Court, access to the museum fitness room (ages 18 and up), and free museum admission and invitations to sneak peeks.
- Be recognized for your dedication with invitations to special events, and the opportunity to win Volunteer of the Month awards.
- Become a healthier person inside and out!
- Make a difference. Give back by giving your time and talents—733 Children’s Museum volunteers contributed 73,599 hours in 2015; the contributed value of the hours = $1,677,321.00
- Experience something new. New exhibits, programs, and presentations are around every turn!
- It’s just plain fun! Where else can you ride the Carousel at work, have holiday slide races, eat astronaut ice cream, end the day with a parade, and more.