June 15, 2019–Jan. 5, 2020
This exhibit requires an additional ticket.
Featuring more than 150 objects including scientific inventions, sculptures, jewelry, armor, vases, and more, Treasures of Ancient Greece will let you explore the history and mythology of the ancient Greeks. Discover how the ancient Greeks influence sports, government, entertainment, and beauty—even today!
Spark your own creativity as you marvel at the art and beauty of Greek treasures from thousands of years ago.
- Build a temple
- Design a vase
- Complete a mosaic
Surround yourself in ancient Greek life through one of our immersive programs.
- Take the stage and discover the beginning of the dramatic arts
- Explore the advancements in ancient technology
- Hear stories about the Antikythera Mechanism—the world's first known computer—and then learn about the origins of modern-day astronomy and engineering
Inspire your imagination as you encounter Greek myths.
- Help Herakles complete his 12 heroic tasks
- Guide Aphrodite and Eros in their escape from the monster Typhon
- Try on armor and strike a pose like Athena
Experience ancient Greece like never before!
- Race against other runners in an ancient festival now known as the Olympics
- Attend a gathering of the Ancient Greek Assembly
- Show your ancient Greek style by wrapping yourself in a himation (cloak)
Which children's museum is big enough to contain Zeus, Athena, Poseidon, Artemis, Aphrodite, and Herakles? Find their statues—and more—in Treasures of Ancient Greece at The Children's Museum! We're partnering with Greece's Hellenic Ministry of Culture and Sports to create an extraordinary, one of a kind experience that brings you face-to-face with timeless Greek treasures.
Exhibit Entry Ticket Information
$7 per nonmember adult (18-59)
$4 per nonmember youth (2-17)
$4.50 per nonmember senior (60+)
Treasures of Ancient Greece tickets can be added after you select your date and general admission ticket. A museum general admission ticket must also be purchased with your exhibit ticket.
Member and Donor* Exhibit Entry Tickets
$4 per member adult; $2 per member youth
$2 per donor adult; $1 per donor youth
Log-in to receive your member/donor discount.
*Explorer Club donors and up receive 4 complimentary tickets to this exhibit. Please contact Alissa Lich at 317-334-3215 or email@example.com for more information or to request additional tickets.
School group visits are scheduled from 10 a.m. to noon. To avoid crowds, plan your visit around these times.
Treasures of Ancient Greece is made possible by the Allen Whitehill Clowes Charitable Foundation, Inc.; The Nicholas H. Noyes, Jr., Memorial Foundation; Dorothea and Philip Genetos; Jamie Merisotis and Colleen O’Brien; Mike and Kristin Sherman; and The Pheffer Family. This exhibition is developed by The Children's Museum of Indianapolis and the Hellenic Ministry of Culture and Sports.