June 17, 2017–April 2018
Ready to move your feet to the beat? Bust a move in DANCE!, a multigenerational exhibit that lets you explore dance styles through the ages and around the world.
- See incredible costumes from the stage, the big screen, past decades, and other countries
- Participate in DANCE! programs to learn cool new moves
- Jump in a hip-hop interactive using Microsoft Kinect technology
- Dance to a different scene in front of a green screen, then send and share your video
- Witness live performances by real professional dancers throughout the year
- Take to the stage and tell a story with your own routine in front of your family audience
Share emotion and tell a story through movement! Lace up your dancing shoes and show the world how to move in DANCE!.
The Galleries for American Arts and Popular Culture are made possible through lead gift support from Lilly Endowment, Inc., Mel and Bren Simon, Allen Whitehill Clowes Charitable Foundation, Gerald and Dorit Paul, Thelma L. “T” Wilds, Sharon W. Doiron, and Shirley S. Bryant.
National Dance Day
It’s time to slip on your dancing shoes and get up and groove! Celebrate National Dance Day at The Children’s Museum with special dance performances throughout the day. Details
Saturday, Jul 29, 2017
10:00 AM-3:00 PM
Included with Admission