Opened in 2007, The Power of Children®: Making A Difference provides a safe place for families and students to explore the issues of intolerance, fear, and prejudice as experienced by children. We continue to be inspired by the lives and actions of these three children and are excited to announce the addition of a fourth child—Malala Yousafzai—next year.
- Anne Frank used the power of WORDS in her diary.
- Ruby Bridges used the power of ACTION to attend school.
- Ryan White used the power of his VOICE in the media.
- Malala Yousafzai used the power of EDUCATION to fight for human rights.
Year of Action
2020 is a year of strength, courage, and change. It’s important to remember that we all play a part every day through the kindness we show others and the actions we take. Join us in the Year of Action Challenge. Each week we will share a new Action Item for you and your family. Share your Action Items using #TakeActionTCM.
Through these small actions, together we can bring waves of change to our communities.
Year of Events
2020 also brings important milestones in the lives of these historical children. The museum will commemorate these milestones by highlighting special programming in The Power of Children exhibit or hosting special events at the museum. Stay tuned for more details.
- 75th anniversary of the Liberation of Auschwitz—Jan. 27
- 30th Anniversary of Ryan White's death—April 8
- International Malala Day—July 12
- 60th anniversary of Ruby Bridges integrating schools in the south—Nov. 15
You can also participate in one of our daily programs in The Power of Children exhibit. See below for dates and times.