Feb. 2–April 7, 2019
50+ years, 7 TV series, 13 movies...1 awesome exhibit!
Discover Star Trek all over again! This immersive exhibit will showcase Star Trek’s impact on culture, society, art, technology, fashion, and more through 100+ rare artifacts, set pieces, and props from the original series, its spinoffs, and the films!
- Snap a selfie while sitting in a replica of Captain Kirk’s command chair
- See the navigation console of the U.S.S. Enterprise from the original series
- Step into the booth and record your own version of the memorable “KHAAAAN!” scene from Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
- Step into a transporter simulator and beam yourself to an alien planet.
- Check out rare costumes including Spock's tunic worn by Leonard Nimoy, Lt. Uhura's (Nichelle Nichols) dress, Khan's (Ricardo Montalban) open-chest tunic, Captain Picard's (Patrick Stewart) costume, a Borg costume, and more
- See models and props from the different series and films, including the Enterprise filming model from Star Trek: The Next Generation, Geordi LaForge’s VISOR, a Borg cube, a tricorder from the original series, and tribbles
Save up to 25% by buying your tickets at least two weeks in advance. Prices will never fall below what is listed today, but may increase over time—so lock in the price by purchasing today.
The Future is Here—How Sci Fi Becomes Reality
in the Schaefer Planetarium and Space Object Theater
See the actual escape pod movie prop used in the 2016 film Star Trek: Beyond. Discover how the Star Trek communicator of the 1960s ended up as the inspiration for the cell phones of today! This multimedia experience shows how popular science fiction has inspired and shaped scientific and technological advancements. Featured in the Schaefer Planetarium and Space Object Theater, The Future is Here—How Sci-fi Becomes Reality showcases artifacts from a variety of popular sci-fi films and shows how science fiction enthusiasts or fans of today become the futuristic designers of tomorrow!
The original Sulu himself, George Takei, will be the voice of the multimedia experience The Future is Here—How Sci-fi Becomes Reality, filmed exclusively for The Children's Museum!
Click here for showtimes. Entry is included with museum admission.
Star Trek: Exploring New Worlds
Organized by Museum of Pop Culture (MoPOP), Seattle, WA
TM & © 2019 CBS Studios Inc. © 2019 Paramount Pictures Corp. STAR TREK and related marks and logos are trademarks of CBS Studios Inc. All Rights Reserved.