An expansion of Dinosphere® will bring giants of the Jurassic to The Children's Museum! Dinosphere® will be closed Feb. 2021–March 2022 for construction.
- During this closure, many Dinosphere® programs will be held in different locations in the museum.
- Some of your favorite dinosaurs, including Bucky the T. rex and Dracorex hogwartsia will be moved to different parts of the museum so you can continue to have an extraordinary dino experience during this temporary closure.
- A cast of SUE the T. rex—one of the largest and most complete Tyrannosaurus rex fossils to have been discovered—will be on display at The Children's Museum March 6–July 25, 2021.
Once this expansion is completed, Dinosphere® will have a new feel:
- Dinosphere® will include both Cretaceous, Jurassic, and Mesozoic specimens.
- We’re adding a new immersive experience to the exhibit’s entrance ramp.
- Two giant sauropods—long-necked, four-legged dinosaurs—from the Jurassic period will welcome you to the newly-expanded exhibit.
- You’ll also have the opportunity to walk through a giant prehistoric “aquarium” where you’ll feel like you’re underwater in a Mesozoic marineland, surrounded by marine animals from millions of years ago. Bucky, Stan, Kelsey, Leonardo, and the rest of your favorite dinos will be back on display once the exhibit reopens.
- Work will continue in the R.B. Annis Mission Jurassic Paleo Lab and the Polly H. Hix Paleo Prep Lab.