As we begin to reopen our doors to the public, we will continue to provide opportunities for you to experience Museum at Home. It's one more way we're pursuing our mission.
Follow all of our social channels for the latest content!
As a nonprofit that receives very little city, state, or federal funding, we ask for your support. When the time is right for you and your family, we would appreciate it if you would consider making a donation. These donations will help ensure the museum has the necessary funds to continue to operate and maintain a world-class facility, as well as to create extraordinary exhibits and programs in the future.
Facebook LIVE with Museum Experts
The Children's Museum educators and experts are coming together to bring you fun live content. The full schedule of virtual live events will be released soon!
Let's Chat! Live Shows
Every week we're bringing you interactive activities and conversations with around topics you love—dinos, nature, art, and more!
Virtual Museum Programs
Our trained actors and facilitators are doing what they do best—entertaining and educating families of all ages! Check out your favorite museum programs right from home!
Virtual Birthday Parties
We know kids with birthdays aren't able to celebrate as planned, so Rex wants to make sure your birthday kiddo feels extra special. Check out our monthly virtual birthday dance parties!
Our Science Educators have you covered with these fun at-home science experiments that only take a few ingredients.
The Children's Museum Preschool teachers and special guests have hand-selected some of their favorite books. Join them for storytime!
Museum in Minutes
We're taking you on a virtual tour of some of your favorite exhibits—each in one minute or less!
Curate Your Own Collection
Go behind-the-scenes with the museum's curators and learn about fossils you can find in Indiana, how to start your own collection, and how to organize and store your collection.
Warm-Up with Our Coaches
The Riley Children's Health Sports Legends Experience® coaches are here to help you get up and get active! Follow along for fun active play activities for all ages you can do at home.
The Children's Museum Activity Book
Make some art to hang up on the fridge at home! Color in some of your favorite museum memories and brighten up your space. Print these out at home and have a blast!
Museum at Home: Classroom Connections
Need some fun and creative ideas for your e-classroom? Check out our standards-based lessons, covering many topics and written by trained educators.
Previous Themed Activity Bundles
Summer Fun Bundle
Blue skies. Fresh-cut grass. Singing birds. Fluttering butterflies. Flowers in full bloom. It’s summertime and it’s time to get outside! Give this list of activities a try so you can have an extraordinary summer!:
- See how long of a snake you can make out of bubbles. Learn how here.
- Make your own piñata. Learn how here.
- Get creative and make art with sidewalk chalk. Learn how here.
- Get active with coaches from the Riley Children’s Health Sports Legends Experience®. Watch the playlist here.
- Order an Outdoor Fun Bundle from The Museum Store and have it delivered straight to your home! Order here.
Racing Activity Bundle
Even though we have to wait just a little longer to celebrate the greatest spectacle in racing this year, May still means racing in central Indiana! Check out our starting grid of extraordinary racing-related activities:
- Watch 2004 IndyCar series champion and 2013 Indy 500 winner Tony Kanaan field questions from kids about his racing career. Watch it here.
- Complete an activity packet from the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. Download it here.
- Watch Let’s Chat: RACING! Virtual First Thursday edition on Facebook. Watch it here.
- Discover why spoilers are an important safety feature. Do the experiment.
- Get behind the wheel with the IndyCar e-Learning Pit Stop. Visit the site.
- Observe how different track surfaces impact a car’s speed. Do the experiment.
Start your engines. Let’s go racing!
Mother's Day Activity Bundle
We know that mom is working overdrive during these unusual and uncertain times. She deserves an extra special Mother’s Day. Let us help you make her day extraordinary. Show mom you care by making one of these crafts for her for Mother’s Day:
May the 4th be with you
Attention all rebels, scavengers, bounty hunters, princesses, farmboys, spies, Jedi, and scruffy looking nerf herders—Happy Star Wars Day! May the Fourth be with you!
We’ve searched the galaxy for Star Wars content especially for you. No need to jump to hyperspace. We have everything you need right here. This is the Way.
- Launch your day with Yoda Yoga. Watch it here.
- Complete your training by following Master Yoda’s example. You’ll need your own set of Yoda ears. Make your own.
- Create your own creature from a planet in a galaxy far, far away… Learn more.
- Bring the stars inside with a DIY constellation viewer. Learn more.
- Hear from our Curator Ashley Hannum about the top 10 items in our Star Wars collection. Watch the video.
Make Easter weekend egg-straordinary with these fun activities!
- Go on a virtual egg hunt in The Children’s Museum. Can you find all the Easter eggs?
- Decorate your home with DIY flowers
- Make sidewalk chalk out of eggshells
- Learn how to safely catch a falling egg
- Download and color a Bunnysaurus Rex coloring sheet or color your own bunny ears
- Find the hidden Easter egg on our website. Hint: do you remember the Konami Code?