Virtual Homeschool: Museum Engineering
Join us in examining some of the coolest feats of engineering around the museum and find out how they work!
- Learn about what a Rube Goldberg Machine is & create a design of your own imagining
- Discover how exactly the water clock keeps time
- Figure out why the Ruben Wells was so important & how a steam engine runs
You will leave this program knowing the answer to all of these questions and more!
*All homeschool programs have been moved to a virtual, kit-based format through Dec. 2020. Each kit will include program supplies for one youth. Families can choose to pick up their kits at the museum or have them shipped for an additional fee. The day of the program, participants will meet on Zoom for a 20-minute activity led by museum staff, walk through all of the activities in the kits, be given time to complete kit activities and ask questions, and conclude with a wrap-up at the end. Each kit provides all the materials needed for one homeschool student
Kit Shipping & Handling:
There will be an added expense for shipping if you select that option.
- Thursday, Oct. 1 from 10-11 a.m. or 4-5 p.m.
- Monday, Oct. 5 from 10-11 a.m. or 4-5 p.m.
- Wednesday, Oct. 7 from 10-11 a.m. or 4-5 p.m.