Founded in 1925, The Children's Museum of Indianapolis is a nonprofit institution committed to creating extraordinary family learning experiences across the arts, sciences, and humanities that have the power to transform the lives of children and families.
It’s the largest children’s museum in the world with a 482,950 square-foot campus situated on 29 acres, a 130,000+ object collection, and more than 1.2 million visitors a year. This includes the vastness of the museum itself, and the 12 sports experiences and three exhibits in the Riley Children’s Health Sports Legends Experience®.
Simply put, The Children’s Museum is an extraordinary campus with something to experience for all children and families. But don’t take our word for it…
- World's 50 Coolest Places—Time for Kids Magazine
- Best New Attractions in U.S.—USA Today/10Best
- 75 best indoor places in America for fun (when it's too cold outside)—MSN.com
- 12 Top-Rated Tourist Attractions & Things to Do in Indiana—Planetwire.com
- 10 Best Museums to Visit in Indy—Tripsavvy.com
- 9 U.S. Museums Every Kid Shoudl Visit Before They Grow Up—FamilyVacationCritic.com
- Best Local Attraction and Best Local Museum—Indy Star: Best of Indy Awards
- Best Vacation Spots for Families with Toddlers—MetroParent.com (Southeast Michigan)
- 16 Incredible Midwest Vacations—Travel.USNews.com
- Best Attraction in Indiana—USAToday.com
- 10 family-friendly spots with sensory-sensitive experiences—MarthaStewart.com
- The Best Winter Destination in Indiana—Reader's Digest
- Best New Attractions for Kids—Lonely Planet
- Best Attraction in Indiana—MSN.com
- One of the 10 Coolest Museums in the World—New York Times
- Fodors 10 Best Children’s Museums in the U.S.
- Voted #1 on the 10 Best Museums for families—USA Today
- Best Museum in Indiana—TripAdvisor/Flipkey.com
- Top U.S. Family Vacation Destinations (Top Children’s Museum)—Family Fun Magazine
- The 15 Best Children’s Museums in the U.S.—Parents Magazine
- Best Children’s Museum in America—Tripping.com
- 5 Places to Experience African American History and Culture—USNews.com
- Best of the Midwest—Midwest Living Magazine
- Best of Indianapolis—Associated Press
Between the captivating dinosaurs of Dinosphere®, Dale Chihuly’s towering artwork Fireworks of Glass, the compelling messages of The Power of Children®, a joyous ride on a historic Carousel, and all the action in the Riley Children's Health Sports Legends Experience®, the exhibits and collections of The Children’s Museum complex engage and fascinate people of all ages. Explore five floors of fun and adventure, immerse yourselves in exciting exhibits, and discover why The Children’s Museum of Indianapolis and the Riley Children’s Health Sports Legends Experience® should be on every family’s must-see (and do) list!