We make every effort to maximize the museum and sports experience fun for everyone. For example, we have braille signage indicating floor levels, elevators, and restrooms, and service animals are welcome too! Check out more on our accessibility services below, or call us at 317-334-4000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, if you have further questions.
Most areas of the museum and the sports experience are barrier free. There are only a handful of less accessible areas due to the historic nature or natural habitat of certain artifacts (like the tool car in All Aboard!). We do our best to give full access to our outstanding experiences.
Designated Therapists or Caregivers
A complimentary admission ticket will be issued to a licensed care provider for visitors requiring medical assistance to visit. The care provider must provide an employee badge from a licensed facility and a matching photo ID. This complimentary ticket is available to the caregiver when the visitor and accompanying guests pay admission.
Emergency Red Phones and First Aid
Red phones are located throughout the museum for immediate access to museum security and first aid help.
You can store your medical equipment or medications in the First Aid Room during your visit. You can also use this private space for administering medical treatment if needed. Stop by the Concierge Desk on Level 1 near the ramp for access to the room.
Deaf and Hard of Hearing Services
- Assisted Listening Devices: Available on a first-come, first-served basis for Lilly Theater and the Schaefer Planetarium and Space Object Theater.
- American Sign Language (ASL) Performances: ASL interpreters are provided for select Lilly Theater performances
- Requests for ASL interpreters should be received at least two weeks prior to a visit. If you have questions or would like to request an interpreter, please contact us at email@example.com or 317-334-4000.
- Parking - Both the garage and Water Clock Lot have designated ADA parking spaces
- Doors - Simply push the square blue button to open most doors automatically
- Elevators - Every level of the museum has elevator access and a large ramp connects all five levels.
- Restrooms - Our most accessible restrooms are located in our Welcome Center, Sunburst Atrium, Lower Level, Level 2, and The Kohler Pavilion
- Wheelchairs - Adult and youth wheelchairs are available at no charge in the Welcome Center
- Wheelchair Seating - All Lilly Theater performances have wheelchair seating available
- Carousel - Visitors in wheelchairs can easily ride our Carousel.
- Golf carts - Transportation to and from your vehicle by golf cart can be arranged.
If you have a child with ASD or sensory sensitivities, we would like to help prepare your child ahead of time for some of the sights and sounds they will experience.
- View our sensory resources page to download a sensory map, social narrative, and visual checklist to help you plan your visit.
- Sets of fidget toy kits and noise-reducing headphones are available to check out from the Concierge Desk.
- If you need a quiet space at any time during your visit, you may contact a staff member or visit the Concierge Desk.