1. What will The Children's Museum will provide?
- Museum educators to train volunteers, facilitate presentations and set up all activities.
- All activity supplies, according to the capacity for which you register.
- Museum-quality signs and graphics for each activity.
- Family learning handouts and museum visit coupons
2. What does the hosting organization provide?
- A large gymnasium or similar open space
- An extra room located close to the gymnasium for museum-facilitated presentations
- 16 8-foot tables and four to six trash cans
- 10 to 15 volunteers. If the organization is unable to provide the required amount of volunteers then the program content may have to be augmented/reduced in order to provide quality facilitation.
3. How is the evening structured?
Museum staff will arrive by 4:30 p.m. to begin setting up. Please have the tables and space prepared according to the specified layout. At 5:20 school volunteers will arrive for a training and overview of the evening and the activity stations. Families may arrive at school any time between 6–8 p.m. to experience the interactive learning stations. All activities will end at 8 p.m. Please note: The programs are designed for the entire family; children must attend with adults.
4. Who can volunteer at these programs and what will be the expectation of their participation?
We request that all volunteers be adult volunteers and that we have a minimum of one volunteer per station. Volunteers will receive an overview of the evening and each activity. Their main responsibility will be to help facilitate the activities, restock supplies, and encourage families in their family learning adventure. Any youth volunteers are required to have at least one adult volunteer with them at all times.
5. What is the Cost for hosting this event?
Up to 250 people: $525
Up to 400 people: $675
Outreaches are limited to a 60 mile radius away from the museum. A mileage fee for 60 cents per mile is assessed each way for each mile outside Marion County. This charge will be added to your final contract and payment.
6. What is the payment schedule and are refunds available?
A non-refundable deposit of $100 is required to schedule a Family Outreach Night at your school. Full payment is required at least three weeks before the program date.
After the deposit is received and date reserved, a detailed packet will be sent to the school contact with more information on preparing for the evening, as well as an invoice for balance due. Due to staff and program requirements, refunds/exchanges are not offered. Please plan carefully to ensure that the capacity can be reached.
7. What happens if a program must be canceled due to weather?
In the event of a school or museum closing due to weather, a program may be rescheduled for another date and all payments may be transferred.
8. How do I register?
Contact the Customer Service Center at 317-334-4000 to register. For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.