Opens March 17, 2018
The National Art Museum of Sport, or NAMOS, is dedicated to celebrating sport through art. Select pieces will be on display from the collection’s nearly 1,000 works.
This permanent exhibit will highlight art of iconic moments and athletes as well as art by athletes. As you walk through the Efroymson Pavilion, you'll see that art is grouped by themes, and artists like Hoosier legend C. W. Mundy will be featured!
Must-See Works of Art
- Cobb Slide, Ray Ellis
- Float Like a Butterfly, Sting Like a Bee, Muhammad Ali
- French Connection, LeRoy Neiman
- Au But! (To the Goal), Alfred Boucher
- Jackie Robinson, Barney Stein
- Bathers, Winslow Homer
- Arthur Ashe, Donald Moss
- Racing, Rosalee Bum
- Tennis, Erte
Being the Artist
Much like our paleo-art gallery above Dinosphere®, NAMOS will also have a space to encourage children and families to create their own sport-inspired masterpieces. Become inspired by the art in NAMOS, then put yourself in the artist’s shoes and create something magical to put on the refrigerator back home. Who knows, maybe you’ll move from the fridge into NAMOS one day!
- Illustrate motion through sport and take home your drawing
- Shape your favorite athlete or sport with putty
- Make your own sports card with your best stats