Corteva Agriscience ScienceWorks feeds the curiosity of the next generation of young scientific explorers! Explore the work of real scientists like hydrologists, naturalists, and geologists. See how people like engineers, farmers, and others use science process skills to ask questions and seek answers to help us in our daily lives.
Things to do in Corteva Agriscience ScienceWorks:
- Use different data streams like Doppler radar and Twitter to create a weather forecast at the Weather Station.
- Climb along the Hillside to discover species that live underground.
- Examine real amphibians and their roles in the Pond.
- Get behind the wheel of a John Deere combine cab on the Farm as you harvest and protect plants.
- Understand how we clean and manage water, and engineer your own water system to help transport materials, create energy, and prevent flooding from the Great Lakes all the way to the Mississippi Delta.
- Step into the Geology Lab to see and touch extraordinary minerals and see what they’re used for in everyday materials.
- Learn how caves are formed, and find the species that thrive in them.
Most importantly—determine what kind of scientist you might like to be!
Please note, the ScienceWorks water table is treated in a manner consistent with and to the same standard as a public swimming pool. As a result, the products used to disinfect and treat the water could create smells similar to chlorine and others found in pool environments.
We would like to help you prepare ahead of time for some of the sights and sounds you will experience at The Children's Museum. Here's what you can expect in this exhibit.
You can find more information and tools on our Sensory Resources page.
ScienceWorks is made possible by the generous support of Corteva Agriscience.