We have made the difficult decision to extend our temporary closure through April 10, 2020. The health and safety of our visitors, staff, and volunteers remains our top priority. We can only be leaders in family learning and provide your family with memorable experiences if we keep our community healthy. Learn More
Corteva Agriscience ScienceWorks feeds the curiosity of the next generation of young scientific explorers! Explore the work of real scientists like hydrologists, naturalists, and geologists. See how people like engineers, farmers, and others use science process skills to ask questions and seek answers to help us in our daily lives.
Things to Do in ScienceWorks:
- View field journals to draw conclusions about species that exist in caves, hills, fields, and even under houses!
- Use different data streams like doppler radar and Twitter to create a weather forecast at the Weather Station.
- Climb along the Hillside to discover species that live underground.
- Examine real amphibians and their roles in the Pond.
- Get behind the wheel of a John Deere combine cab on the Farm as you harvest and protect plants.
- Understand how we clean and manage water, and engineer your own water system to help transport materials, create energy, and prevent flooding from the Great Lakes all the way to the Mississippi Delta.
- Step into the Geology Lab to see and touch extraordinary minerals and see what they’re used for in everyday materials.
- Learn how caves are formed, and find the species that thrive in them.
Most importantly, determine what kind of scientist you might like to be!
ScienceWorks is made possilble by the generous support of Corteva Agriscience.