In Take Me There®: Greece, discover the vibrant culture of contemporary Greece where modern life goes against the backdrop of the ancient Greek world. Through art, food, music, dance, and architecture, discover what life in Greece is really like!
Explore and play!
- Board our airplane and travel 5,500 miles to Greece
- Gather locally-sourced food, prepare authentic meals, and share them in the Genetos Taverna (restaurant)
- Discover how to say "hello" and other Greek phrases
Be Greek for the day!
- Go fishing to provide fish for local markets
- Fill bottles with olive oil
- Bake and serve bread and baklava
- Visit houses in Athens and Corinth
- Gather in a family courtyard
Help save the sea turtles!
- Care for rescued loggerhead sea turtles
- Count, measure, and protect turtle eggs
- Feed turtles their favorite meal—squid pieces, shellfish, and fish
In Take Me There®: Greece, experience one of the most culturally-rich countries in the world—without leaving Indiana! This one-of-a-kind exhibit promises to encourage you to appreciate other cultures in a way that goes far beyond textbooks. Because when we learn how people in other countries live their daily lives, we can accept and respect our neighbors—next door and around the world!
Located on Level 2.
Advance tickets encouraged!
Take Me There®: Greece is included with museum general admission and membership. Save up to 25% by when you buy at least two weeks in advance. For unlimited visits, become a member today!
Take Me There® is made possible by lead gifts from Lilly Endowment Inc.; Eli Lilly and Company Foundation, Inc.; The Lilly Family; Mrs. Yvonne Shaheen; Sarah and John Lechleiter; the U.S. Institute for Museum and Library Services; Jane and Steve Marmon; Susan and Jim Naus; and Polly Hix. Additional Support for Take Me There®: Greece is provided by the Allen Whitehill Clowes Charitable Foundation, Inc.; The Nicholas H. Noyes, Jr., Memorial Foundation; Dorothea and Philip Genetos; Jamie Merisotis and Colleen O’Brien; Mike and Kristin Sherman; and The Pheffer Family.
We would like to help you prepare ahead of time for some of the sights and sounds you will experience at The Children's Museum. Here's what you can expect in this exhibit.
You can find more information and tools on our Sensory Resources page.