- Crawl inside a tunnel for a close-up view of the moving miniature train.
- Play on train tables.
- Sell tickets in the train station.
Ideal for ages 1 and up.
Look for the tunnel that leads to a pop-up lookout inside the miniature train display! This is a favorite spot for smaller visitors.
Learn more on Wikipedia!
Travel back in time to 1890s Madison, Indiana, and view the impressive Reuben Wells, a 35-foot-long, 55-ton steam engine built to conquer Indiana's Madison Hill, the steepest railroad grade in the United States.
- Crawl inside a tunnel for a close-up view of moving train toys
- Operate some of the control lights, switches, and signals on the track
- Sell tickets in the train station
- Send a Morse code message
- Design a railroad or race trains in a computer game
- This adventure-filled exhibit teaches visitors of all ages about trains, past and present.
The Reuben Wells is a steam powered locomotive in the permanent collection of The Children's Museum of Indianapolis located in Indianapolis, Indiana, United States.