Your trip to The Children’s Museum will be unforgettable! We make every effort to maximize the experience for everyone. Check out our disability services below or call us at 317-334-4000 if you have more questions.
Most areas of the museum are barrier free. There are only a handful of less accessible areas due to the historic nature or natural habitat of certain artifacts like the tool car in All Aboard! We do our best to give full access to our outstanding experiences.
Emergency Red Phones
Red phones are located throughout the museum for immediate access to museum security.
Staff members are ready to assist with medical emergencies of all kinds. Just pick up a red emergency phone or ask a staff member for help.
You can store your medical equipment or medications in the First Aid Room during your visit. You can also use this private space for administering medical treatment if needed. Stop by the Concierge Desk on Level 1 near the ramp for access to the room.
Review nutrition and ingredient listings of our food offerings by contacting any staff member in the Food Court during your visit.
Hearing Impaired Services
- Assisted Listening Devices
Available on a first-come, first-served basis for Lilly Theater and SpaceQuest® Planetarium.
- American Sign Language (ASL) Performances
ASL interpreters are provided for select Lilly Theater performances.
- TDD Phone
Hearing impaired customers calling from a TDD phone line can reach Customer Service at 317-920-2020.
Mobility Impaired Services
- Doors—Simply push the square blue button to open most doors automatically.
- Elevators—Every level of the museum has elevator access and a large ramp connects all five levels.
- Wheelchairs—Adult and youth wheelchairs are available at no charge in the Welcome Center.
- Wheelchair Seating—All Lilly Theater and SpaceQuest Planetarium performances have wheelchair seating available.
- Carousel—Visitors in wheelchairs can easily ride our Carousel.
- Golf carts—Transportation to and from your vehicle by golf cart can be arranged.
Park in one of our handicapped spaces in the free parking garage or surface parking lot. A skywalk connects the parking garage to the museum. The parking garage has elevators.
Restrooms/Family (Unisex) Restrooms
Wheelchair-accessible stalls with handrails are located in all public museum restrooms.
People with restrained service animals are allowed full access to the museum.
Visually Impaired Services
Braille signage indicating floor levels, elevators, and restrooms can be found throughout the museum.
Get ready for a museum adventure of a lifetime! To better plan your visit ahead of time, contact our Customer Service Center at 317-334-4000. If you need assistance of any kind during your visit, simply ask a staff member for help or stop by the Concierge Desk on Level One.