Membership enrollment is accepted by phone 317-334-4000 or 800-820-6214, at the museum box office, and online. At least one but no more than two adult names must be listed as the Designated Adult(s) on each membership. When there are two designated Adults on a membership, they must be members of the same household.
Children through age 21 living in the household must be designated on Family, Family Plus and Premier Memberships. Name and date of birth are required.
Grandchildren through age 21 who are unmarried must be designated on Grandparent, Grandparent Plus and Premier Memberships. Name and date of birth are required.
At least one designated adult must be present for any member visit. A Designated Adult must provide proof of identity such as a valid driver’s license or other photo ID at the point of admission, along with his/her valid membership card. The only exceptions to this rule are:
- If a Designated Caregiver is visiting in place of a Designated Adult (available for Plus and Premier memberships only; see Caregiver Policy below).
- If a member child is visiting without his/her Designated Adult, i.e.: on a school field trip or with another family (in this case he/she will need to show the family membership card but does not need a Designated Adult present)
Guests visiting on an Individual Plus, Family Plus, Grandparent Plus or Premier membership must be accompanied by an adult member cardholder. See Caregiver Policy for the only exception to this requirement.
A Designated Caregiver must be at least 18 years old. Caregiver privileges are only valid when the Caregiver is accompanied by children through age 18. If the Caregiver is accompanying the entire member family group the caregiver is admitted as one of the two guests allowed on the membership.
When bringing children to the museum, the Designated Caregiver must present:
- Valid Family Plus Membership card (card will list designated caregivers name)
- Proof of Caregiver identity
- A family may have only one Designated Caregiver at a time. If this Designated Caregiver changes during the course of the membership year, a Designated Adult must return the membership card (via mail or in person at the Concierge Desk) and we will issue a new one in exchange, free of charge. If the Designated Caregiver is changed more than once during the membership year, a card replacement fee will apply. We reserve the right to limit the number of times the membership card will be replaced within the membership year.
When only one adult is designated on a membership only one membership card will be issued. When two adults are designated, two cards each with both adult names will be issued. This is for member convenience only, so that each adult can keep his or her own copy of the membership card.
Replacement Card Fee
One replacement of lost membership cards will be complimentary. Any additional replacement cards will be assessed a $2 fee. We reserve the right to limit the number of times membership cards will be replaced within any given membership year.
Field Trips/Group Visits
Free membership admission does apply to field trips and group visits. The membership account number, expiration date and designated adult name must be included on the group check in form. Please contact your group leader for more details.