This exhibit is currently touring! See the schedule below for its current location.
About the Exhibit
Get ready to explore with Dora and Diego in the new exhibit, Nickelodeon's Dora and Diego—Let’s Explore! The exhibit features beloved characters Dora and Diego from Nickelodeon’s hit preschool series Dora the Explorer and Go, Diego, Go!, along with their friends Boots, Map, Backpack, Isa, Tico, and of course Swiper, now in their own exhibit for preschoolers to explore as they learn and play a
A graphic flat of a map features illustrations of the exhibit areas, along with cutouts of Dora, Boots, Diego, and Baby Jaguar. Built-in speakers play the theme songs.
Journey to the Purple Planet
- Visit the rocket ship and turn the dial to countdown for blastoff, try on spacesuits, play the Planet Memory game, peek in the porthole to see outer space, and piece together a jigsaw puzzle featuring Dora and Boots.
- At a three-sided kiosk, insert star-shaped disks into holes to light up the outlines of constellations.
- Jump or hop over moving images of space rocks projected onto the floor.
- Climb the stairs of the purple planet home and slide down the other.
Isa’s Flowery Garden
Designed for the youngest visitors (nine months to two years), Isa’s Garden features soft spaces, scents, and tactile experiences.
- Sniff flowers, sort flowers by shape, and plant and pick flowers.
- Try on bird and butterfly wing costumes.
- Parents can use bugs, birds, and caterpillar puppets to interact with their children in the garden.
- Mini garden tools and watering cans are available for role-playing.
Tico’s Nutty Forest
- Put “nuts” into the tree and see balls travel up and out the branches.
- Visit a replica of Tico’s car and climb in and sit behind the wheel. In the trunk, put additional nuts in the basket, and help Tico fix his flat tire by pumping it up.
- Pump gas by putting “nuts” into the gas pump to fill up Tico’s gas tank.
Animal Rescue Center
- Put stuffed animals on a scanning bed; RFID tags on the animals trigger the start of a program on the monitor. The scanner identifies the rainforest animal, offers a fun fact, then guides the child through diagnosing a health problem, such as tummy trouble, splinters, bruises, or sore throats.
- Follow up the diagnosis at the First-Aid station by listening to the animal’s heart with a play stethoscope, applying a cold pack, or giving pretend food or water to their rainforest patients.
- Give a pretend bath to stuffed animals at a tabletop tub, then step on a foot pedal to activate dryers.
- Hop over graphic images of rocks in a river printed on the carpet, crawl through a log and look for animals, swing on the monkey bars like the Bobo Brothers, and test rock-climbing skills on a low horizontal climbing wall.
- Rainforest animals are hidden from sight under flaps or on turntables activated by dials.
Pirate Piggies’ Ship
A graphic cutout of the Pirate Piggies’ captain recruits young pirates and reminds them of the four pirate rules. The ship itself—with mast, sail, wheel, and deck—provides an immersive role-playing experience.
- Put on pirate vests and join the crew!
- Help the Pirate Piggies share the treasure in the chest. Insert coins in the banks, and watch as a counter records each pirate’s share.
- Spin the ship’s wheel, raise the pirate flag, and peek through the telescope.
Feb. 18–June 4, 2017
Fort Worth Museum of Science and Industry, Forth Worth, TX
Port Discovery Children's Museum, Baltimore, MD
Spring and Summer 2019
The National Children's Museum, Washington, D.C.
Planetario Alfa, Nueva Leon, Mexico
Target audience: Families with children 2–6 years old. Space required: 3,000 square feet Minimum ceiling height: 8 ½ feet Rental fee Includes:
- Installation Manual
- Operations Manual
- Marketing Materials & Artwork
- Press Materials
- Installation and Takedown Technician
Book an Exhibit
Traveling Exhibits Coordinator
Produced by The Children’s Museum of Indianapolis in cooperation with Nickelodeon, the Dora and Diego—Let’s Explore! exhibit is presented by the WellPoint Foundation. © 2014 Viacom International Inc. All rights reserved. Nickelodeon, Dora the Explorer, Go, Diego, Go! and all related titles, logos, and characters are trademarks of Viacom International Inc.