COVID-19 Safety Exhibit Updates:
The Carousel is open to ride at full capacity.
A few low-touch interactive elements within Carousel Wishes & Dreams
are open. The following high-touch elements are closed or have been removed for your health and safety:
- The Mirror Maze is closed.
- The vintage video games area is closed.
- Tabletop games, puzzle tables, and Mr. Potato Head play areas have been removed.
- Sandy the Mechanical Horse, the Ice Cream Shop, Lilly Playhouse, the Tree House, and the hedge crawl-through are closed.
June 8, 2021 update:
The Carousel is now operating at full capacity—including the jumping horses! We will be reopening many more hands-on interactives over the next three-week period. Click here to see the schedule!
All Children's Museum exhibits will have capacity limits. Museum staff will monitor occupancy and if capacity is reached, staff will admit visitors to the exhibit when others leave.
A Dazzling Experience
Be whisked away on a magical Carousel ride with Indiana roots back to 1917. The intricately painted Carousel animals were salvaged from the original ride that operated in Broad Ripple Park in Indianapolis. Now a museum favorite, you won’t want to miss this! Carousel rides are free for members and children under age 2; nonmember cost is $1 per ride.
Located on Level 4.
Designed for adventure and interaction, this special area of the museum has fun for young and old.
- Explore the maze of mirrors and life-sized kaleidoscope
- Visit the games and puzzles arcade
- Climb a tree house
- Serve pretend treats in a retro ice cream parlor