Closes March 3
From driveway backboards and high school gyms to professional arenas, the athleticism and explosive excitement of basketball has thrilled generations of families for over a century of Indiana hoops history.
In History of Hoops, experience the excitement of basketball and its importance in Hoosier communities throughout history. This temporary exhibit features Indiana’s professional teams, the Indiana Pacers and Indiana Fever, and introduces visitors to the skills and talents needed for the highest levels of play.
Hear the sounds of squeaking floors, bouncing balls, and cheering crowds as you experience History of Hoops:
- Practice your footwork with tips from Tamika Catchings
- Compare height, shoe size, and hand size to two of Indiana’s greats
- Perfect your shot with arcade basketball
- Keep up with Reggie Miller’s speed from his most famous play
- Quiz the family on basketball rules
- Be the coach and select the plays
- See one of the iconic Milan 1954 IHSAA State Championship rings
Get off the bench and get in on Indiana basketball history! Let’s ball!