Playscape® is for ages 5 and under.
It's the only place in the museum just for our friends who are 5 and under.
- Any children who are with and are over 5 years old are invited to act as helpers by keeping our younger friends safe, letting them play first, and by being gentle.
- If you don't have anyone under the age of 6 with you, we recommend visiting the other galleries in the museum.
Rediscover these experiences inside your preschooler's favorite exhibit:
- Explore an underwater pond habitat.
- Create an original work of art in the Art Studio.
- Launch balls through the Reaction Contraption.
- Build a giant tower in Blockopolis.
- Discover the Water Table.
- Explore the world around you in Babyscape—an area just for our youngest visitors!
Playscape is family-friendly too!
Diaper bags, bottles, pacifiers, and so much more! Outings with little ones can be quite an undertaking. That's why we made Playscape® as hassle-free as possible for caregivers, with amenities like private nursing and bottle feeding space, family restrooms, and diaper changing stations.
- Please park any stollers or wagons outside of the gallery. Playscape® is one of our smallest and most popular exhibits. Parking strollers outside the exhibit allows us to invite more families in to play.
- Please keep all food and drink—except for water, milk, or formula—outside of Playscape®. Playscape® is an allergy free zone to help protect our youngest visitors.
Please note, the Playscape water table is treated in a manner consistent with and to the same standard as a public swimming pool. As a result, the products used to disinfect and treat the water could create smells similar to chlorine and others found in pool environments.
Playscape is made possible through lead gift support of PNC Foundation, with major support provided by The Efroymson Family Fund, a CICF Fund, W.B. Fortune, the Joseph F. and G. Marlyne Sexton Family, The Children’s Museum Guild, the Harlan Family Foundation, the Ruth Lilly Philanthropic Foundation, Jane and Steve Marmon, Jerry and Elsie Martin, Randall and Deborah Tobias, and Peyton Manning Children’s Hospital at St.Vincent.