COVID-19 Safety Updates:
The Children’s Museum is working closely with our food services partner Levy Restaurants to develop best practices and protocols for safely re-opening our Food Court when the museum re-opens. The plan will continue to develop as new guidance from local authorities and agencies becomes available.
Before reopening the museum food court, Food Court staff was trained on new safety policies and procedures developed by OSHA, the CDC, and local health department. The ongoing training includes sanitation procedures, social distancing standards, sanitizing, food packaging, and food delivery and storage.
Sanitation, in conjunction with guest and staff safety are the top priority for the Food Court.
- In addition to high safety standards already in place, the food court kitchen and all guest areas are cleaned every thirty minutes.
- Team members will receive temperature checks before entering the building, and are required to wear personal protective masks and gloves for all food preparation, money handling, and while cleaning dining areas.
- Guests process their own credit cards eliminating the need for staff to touch cards. The credit card touch screens are wiped down following each use. Apple Pay is also available for faster, touchless checkout.
- A new role has been designated to oversee sanitation efforts.
- Team members will clean all surface areas before the dining area opens, during dining, and after the dining area closes. In addition, tables and chairs will be cleaned immediately once guest have departed. All tables and chairs that have not been utilized will still be thoroughly wiped down every half hour.
- Guests are required to stand six feet apart while in line for food and at checkout. Families from the same household may stand together. Six foot markings are in place to assist visitors.
- The number of tables in the Food Court dining area has been reduced. Tables have been spread apart to allow for social distancing. The Food Court is following capacity guidelines established by the museum.
The Children’s Museum Food Court has made several changes to reduce contact.
- Condiment pumps have been replaced with individual condiment packages.
- Plastic utensils are individually wrapped.
- Self-serve coffee will now be poured by our trained staff.
- Soda fountain stations be limited to one cup fill up per customer. No outside beverage containers are permitted at the soda fountain.
Food delivery and storage
The Children’s Museum follows all FDA, state, and city guidelines for food storage, preparation and kitchen cleaning. Team members will continue to follow safe food handling practices, including removal of and discarding packaging, and safely storing product within proper time and temperature procedures.
- Guests are still allowed to bring their own food into the Food Court dining area
- On especially busy days, there will be a que process in the Sunburst Atrium
- Staff will social distance in all food preparation and food service areas, including the bakery. Signage will advise staff where to stand.
- The grill window where visitors can select their own food will be CLOSED.
Big adventures bring on big appetites. Enjoy a leisurely lunch in our Food Court or just grab a quick snack. We have delicious and healthy options to suit all tastes.
Ask about our allergen friendly menu selections, too! There are more grab and go choices, and a faster check out, so you can get right back in the action at the world’s biggest and best children’s museum! See menu options below.