Real Science: DIY Constellation Viewer
Science Educator Don Riefler shares how you can make your own constellation viewer so you can study the stars during the day!
- Cardboard tube (toilet paper or paper towel)
- Trace one of the ends of the tube on a small piece of paper.
- Find a picture online of your favorite constellation.
- Draw the constellation, making the stars nice and big, inside the circle you traced.
- Tape the paper to one end of the tube, making sure not to leave any openings.
- Using your pencil, carefully poke a hole for each star in the constellation.
- Turn the lights out and shine the flashlight through the open end of the tube onto a surface.
Share your constellations with us by using the hashtag #TCMatHome on social media!