We have made the difficult decision to extend our temporary closure until further notice. The health and safety of our visitors, staff, and volunteers remains our top priority. We look forward to opening the museum's doors and seeing you again soon. Until then, since you can't come to us, we'll come to you with Museum at Home.
Star Wars Day: Create a Critter
Yub nub! Happy Star Wars Day! May the Fourth be with you!
The Star Wars galaxy is full of breathtaking planets inhabited by interesting, unique, and memorable alien life. It's part of what makes the galaxy such a fun place to explore. Now you have an opportunity to create a new species from a galaxy far, far away...
Grab these supplies to get started.
- Six-sided dice (use Google's dice roller if you don't have one handy)
- Our critter creation sheet (click here to download)
- Drawing and coloring tools (pencils, crayons, markers, etc.)
What to do:
- Print out the critter creation sheet.
- Roll the dice to find out which planet in the Star Wars galaxy your creature will live on:
- Tatooine (Desert planet)
- Mustafar (Volcano planet)
- Hoth (Ice Planet)
- Dagobah (Swamp Planet)
- Kamino (Aquatic Planet)
- Death Star (Artificial Planet)
- Draw a new creature for your Star Wars planet!
While you're creating:
Sprinkle in these Star Wars jokes during your conversation about the creatures you're creating.
- What do you call a pirate droid?
- How do Ewoks communicate from far away?
They use Ewokie Talkies
- What is a Jedi’s favorite toy?
- Why did episodes 4, 5 and 6 come before 1, 2 and 3?
Because in charge of directing, Yoda was
Don't forget to share your Star Wars Day activities by using #TCMAtHome on social media!