3000 North Meridian Street
Indianapolis, IN 46208
Get Directions. Please note: from May 22–June 16, 2023,
Meridian Street will be closed between 38th and 30th streets. You can find a detour map here.
For Parking Garage access, enter 3000 North Illinois Street, Indianapolis, IN 46208.
- If traveling west on I-70 from Ohio, continue on I-65 northbound to the 29th Street exit.
- If traveling north on I-65 from Greenwood, Indiana, take I-70 West at the split to the Illinois Street exit.
- Visit northsplit.com for up-to-date information.
Need public transit?
IndyGo buses stop at the museum daily. Routes 18, 28, 30, 38, and 39 serve the museum directly. For route information, visit IndyGo.net or call IndyGo Customer Service at 317-635-3344.
The IndyGo Red Line makes regular stops at the museum throughout the day. The timetable for the Meridian Street & 30th Street stop along the northbound and southbound routes is available here.
Need free parking? Of course!
Here are some helpful tips to find convenient parking when you visit the museum:
- We encourage all visitors to park in our free parking garage, accessed from the left side of Illinois St. just north of 30th St.
- Free surface parking is available in our Water Clock Lot, which can be accessed from Illinois St. north of the parking garage entrance and exit lanes.
- If you are asked to pay for parking, the parking lot is not associated with The Children’s Museum of Indianapolis. Museum parking is always free.
- Please refrain from parking on neighborhood streets.
- Both the garage and Water Clock Lot have designated ADA parking spaces.
On our busiest cays
On very busy days, you may see museum staff directing vehicles to our overflow parking lots north of the Water Clock Lot, and occasionally even to our bus parking lot.
Walk the Skywalk
Our parking garage is connected to the museum by the Skywalk. All visitors are encouraged to use the Skywalk to cross Illinois St., instead of having to wait to cross traffic on the busy street itself.
Please note, pets are not permitted to be left in vehicles on museum property.
We appreciate your patience, and hope you enjoy your visit!