Museum/Parking Garage Address:
3000 North Meridian Street, Indianapolis, IN 46208 | Get Directions
For garage access, enter 3000 North Illinois Street, Indianapolis, IN 46208.
**I-65 and I-70 are closed for construction between the north split interchange and Washington Street through Nov. 2022.**
- If traveling west on I-70 from Ohio, continue on I-65 northbound to the 29th Street exit.
- If traveling north on I-65 from Greenwood, Indiana, take I-70 West at the split to the Illinois Street exit.
- Visit northsplit.com for up-to-date information.
Traffic alert for Nov. 6:
Several roads near the museum will be closed on Nov. 6, 2021 for the Indianapolis Monumental Marathon. Please check the race route here and plan your drive accordingly.
Need public transit?
The IndyGo Red Line makes regular stops at the museum throughout the day. The timetable for the Meridian Street & 30th Street stop along the northbound and southbound routes is available here.
Need free parking? Of course!
Here are some helpful tips to find convenient parking when you visit the museum:
- We encourage all visitors to park in our free parking garage, accessed from the left side of Illinois St. just north of 30th St.
- Free surface parking is available in our Water Clock Lot, which can be accessed from Illinois St. north of the parking garage entrance and exit lanes.
- If you are asked to pay for parking, the parking lot is not associated with The Children’s Museum of Indianapolis. Museum parking is always free.
- Please refrain from parking on neighborhood streets.
- Both the garage and Water Clock Lot have designated ADA parking spaces.
On Our Busiest Days
On very busy days, you may see museum staff directing vehicles to our overflow parking lots north of the Water Clock Lot, and occasionally even to our bus parking lot.
Walk the Skywalk
Our parking garage is connected to the museum by the Skywalk. All visitors are encouraged to use the Skywalk to cross Illinois St., instead of having to wait to cross traffic on the busy street itself.
Please note, pets are not permitted to be left in vehicles on museum property.
We appreciate your patience, and hope you enjoy your visit!