Museum/Parking Garage Address:
3000 North Meridian Street, Indianapolis, IN 46208 | Get Directions
Important Road Closure Information
- Jan. 2–Oct. 31: 28th Street from Meridian to Pennsylvania Streets is closed from Jan. 2–Oct. 31, 2018 as part of a Citizens Energy Group construction project. Illinois Street is fully open allowing access to our free parking garage, however, we do anticipate heavier traffic near the museum. For detour routes, please see the map. Thank you for your patience as Citizens Energy Group works hard to improve Indianapolis’ waterways through the DigIndy Tunnel System.
Need public transit?
Need free parking? Of course!
Here are some helpful tips to find convenient parking when you visit the museum:
- We encourage all visitors to park in our free parking garage, accessed from the left side of Illinois St. just north of 30th St.
- Free surface parking is available in our Water Clock Lot, which can be accessed from Illinois St. north of the parking garage entrance and exit lanes.
- If you are asked to pay for parking, the parking lot is not associated with The Children’s Museum of Indianapolis. Museum parking is always free.
- Please refrain from parking on neighborhood streets.
- Both the garage and Water Clock Lot have designated ADA parking spaces.
On Our Busiest Days
On very busy days, you may see museum staff directing vehicles to our overflow parking lots north of the Water Clock Lot, and occasionally even to our bus parking lot.
Walk the Skywalk
Our parking garage is connected to the museum by the Skywalk. All visitors are encouraged to use the Skywalk to cross Illinois St., instead of having to wait to cross traffic on the busy street itself.
Please note, pets are not permitted to be left in vehicles on museum property.
We appreciate your patience, and hope you enjoy your visit!