The Children's Museum of Indianapolis is proud to join forces with other local museums and cultural institutions to make fun family learning more accessible. Families that meet the requirements listed below can visit The Children’s Museum and all participating locations for just $2 per family member per visit, for up to two adults and all dependent youths living in the household. Indiana residents actively enrolled in these programs qualify:
- Hoosier Healthwise Insurance (Indiana's health care program for low-income families, pregnant women, and children)
- SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program)
- TANF (Temporary Assistance for Needy Families)
Follow these steps to submit your FREE application:
- Add the “Access Pass” item to your cart.
- Complete the check-out process.
- Upload photos of your required documents*.
- Click “Submit”
- Your application will be reviewed within five business days. You will receive an email after review.
- Hoosier Healthwise or Hoosier Works Enrollment Recertification Letter, issued by the Indiana Family and Social Services Administration. Letter must be issued in the primary adult cardholder’s name and verify program enrollment for the current year. View an Access Pass verification example.
- Indiana State-issued photo ID card—either a Driver’s License or State Identification card. The name on the photo ID must match an adult name on the recertification letter. Employee or student IDs and out-of-state IDs are not accepted.
Verification of benefits may also be accessed from the Indiana Family Social Services Administration Benefits Portal, www.ifcem.com. Click here for a step-by-step guide on how to obtain your verification of benefits.
Qualifying families can visit any of the participating venues listed below (except the Indiana Repertory Theatre and Indianapolis Motor Speedway Museum) to apply for a new Access Pass or renew an existing Access Pass in-person. Applicants will need to bring required documentation and can print and fill out the application ahead of time, or fill out the application at the box office. The qualifying adult must be present when enrolling or utilizing benefits. Discount will not be honored if required documentation verifying enrollment eligibility is not available. Download the policies (English) (Spanish) to be sure you qualify.
Family Members Included
The Access Pass benefits extend to the primary adult listed on the recertification letter, the spouse/significant other living in the household (ID to verify residency of second adult may be required), and the legally dependent children under 21 living in the household on a permanent basis.
At least one named cardholder must be present for any visit. Named cardholder must present Access Pass card and Indiana State-issued photo ID at the museum Box Office to receive discount. Guests and youths not included on the account will require a full-price admission ticket purchase. Access Pass discount is not valid on school/group visits or if the child is not accompanied by a parent/legal guardian.
If you still have questions, please view our FAQs page or call Customer Service at 317-334-4000 Monday–Sunday, 10 a.m.–5 p.m.