See Photos from 2017!
Museum by Moonlight 2017 was a hit for kids at heart! Check out these photos from our photographer, Yelp, and you! Thanks to all who shared among the five floors of fun!
This event is SOLD OUT!
Feb. 25, 8 p.m.-midnight
We’re pulling out all the stops for round two—Museum by Moonlight is BACK! On Feb. 25, from 8 p.m. until the Water Clock strikes midnight, American Funds from Capital Group and the world’s largest children’s museum are throwing a party for kids at heart. Museum by Moonlight is exclusively for adults of all ages (21 and older). Explore five floors of new and classic exhibits, enjoy a cash-bar, and refuel with free food samples from restaurants.
All proceeds benefit The Children's Museum Fund, which ensures that all children and families, regardless of income, can experience the museum.
Don’t wait—tickets will sell out! Are you a museum member? Log in to receive $5 off.
- Early Bird tickets: $65 per person - SOLD OUT
- General Admission: $75 per person - SOLD OUT
- At the Door: $85 per person - SOLD OUT
Included with each ticket:
- Complimentary adult beverage
- Food samples from your favorite local restaurants (see the list below!)
- Access to the world's largest children's museum, exclusively for adults!
Please note, tickets are nonrefundable.
What to Expect
Here are just a few reasons you won’t want to miss this year’s Museum by Moonlight:
- Dinosphere® is the place to be for a silent-disco among the dinos. Grab a pair of headphones and feel the beat!
- Get your head in the game with some of your favorite sports teams! Riley Children’s Health Sports Legends Experience is on its way, and we’re giving guests a sneak peek in our mini-sports camp! Participate in activities created by the Indianapolis Colts, Indiana Pacers, Indy Fuel, Indianapolis Indians, and the Indianapolis Motor Speedway.
- Take a ride down The Chocolate Slide! The 47-foot slide, themed like a river of chocolate, will send guests whirling through a Wonka-inspired wonderland from Level 2 to Level 1.
- Get in the act beneath the Big Top! Our newest exhibit, Circus—Starring YOU!, just opened and we challenge you to walk a virtual tightrope, balance on a rolla bolla, and clown-around with costumes, jokes, juggling, and more!
- Play giant-sized games like Jenga and Yahtzee in the reinvented Dow AgroSciences ScienceWorks exhibit.
- Step into the International Space Station (ISS) in Beyond Spaceship Earth and catch a show about Gus Grissom and the Liberty Bell 7.
- Find the face-painters to help turn you into a beauty or a beast before midnight, then go ‘round and ‘round on a piece of local history—the Carousel, which turns 100-years-old this year!
Before you disco with our dinos, take a spin on the Carousel, or race down the Chocolate Slide, be prepared with these top tips for the big event.
Don’t be hangry! Grab dinner before the event, then enjoy small samples from these local restaurants throughout the night.
Batch No 2
Buca di Beppo
Palomino Restaurant & Bar
Piada Italian Street Food
The Flying Cupcake
The International Culinary School at the Art Institute of Indianapolis
The Melting Pot
Titus Bakery & Deli
Share Your Photos!
Share the love on social media with #MuseumByMoonlight, and get a chance to be featured on our own social media channels! Check out these photos from 2016 attendees.