Rules for Participation
- Only individuals are eligible for nomination. If a project was started by more than one youth it is not eligible for this award.
- Youth must be enrolled in Grades 6 to 11 as of the application deadline: March 19, 2017 at 11:59 PM EST. Anyone under the age of 18 must have parent/guardian permission for his/her application to be completed, submitted and reviewed.
- Adult nominators must be adults, 21 years of age or older, and may not be a parent, guardian, or immediate family member.
- Youths must have actively participated in the projects during the 2016–2017 school year.
- All nominees must certify that, if selected as an award recipient, they will attend the awards presentation at The Children’s Museum of Indianapolis, on Friday, Nov. 10, 2017 and the Power of Children Symposium on Saturday, Nov. 11, 2017. Due to travel and accommodation assistance being provided, failure to attend will result in forfeiture of the award.
- A nominator may submit a nomination for more than one young person; however, only one nomination per Nominee will be accepted.
- All nomination forms and nominee statements must be submitted electronically no later than 11:59 PM EST on Sunday, March 19, 2017.
Criteria for Participation
Both the Youth and Adult Nominator must fill out and submit separate applications. Only applications with both portions submitted will be considered complete and eligible for review. Each of the following four criteria will be judged separately and must be answered in four independent paragraphs of 150 words or less.
The following criteria will be used:
Need (150 words or less)
This portion will address why the project was created and what the youth did to start it.
Achievement (150 words or less)
This portion will address what the youth has accomplished while working on this project and what sort of obstacles may have been encountered.
Impact (150 words or less)
This portion will address the specific details of the ways in which the project made an impact.
Further Empowerment (150 words or less)
This portion will address how funds would be used to continue the project.