Phased Reopening Plan
We have missed your smiling faces, the sound of giggles, and the opportunity to safely share family learning in person. We are excited to announce a phased reopening schedule.
- 6/29-7/10: Museum open to member, donor, and Access Pass families only
Advance tickets are required and capacity is limited. If you are a member or donor, please check your email for a link to reserve your tickets, or call 317-334-4000.
- 7/11: Museum opens to the public
Advance tickets are required for all visitors. Reserve or buy tickets here.
Same museum you love! New ways to keep you safe.
Your health and safety are our top priority. While we’ve been apart, our staff has been working hard to prepare to welcome you back. In collaboration with an advisory council of scientists, physicians, and public health officials, we have implemented new policies and procedures to ensure a safe visit for your family.
Please read these guidelines and tips carefully as you plan your visit.
- Advance tickets are required for all visitors, including members and donors. You can check availability and reserve your tickets here.
- Download The Children's Museum app and start planning your visit.
- Playscape® and The Children’s Museum Guild’s Fantasy Tree House of Sports are temporarily closed. Find out the adjustments we've made to all of our exhibits.
- Every exhibit will be closed for cleaning for 30 minutes several times a day. Click here for a list of exhibit closing times.
- Everyone is expected to follow social distancing requirements.
- Face masks are required for all visitors ages 2 and older (unless medically unable to wear a mask).
- Bring your credit or debit card for purchases in the Food Court or Museum Store.
- Bring a reusable water bottle. Water fountains are turned off but the refilling stations are on.
- If you are not feeling well, please stay home. We will gladly exchange your ticket for a day when you feel better!
For more visit tips and in-depth details to plan your visit, check out our FAQ.
Here’s what you can expect from us:
- Limited capacity: We have capped the number of tickets available each day to ensure plenty of space for all visitors to spread out. Get tickets.
- Enhanced cleaning: New cleaning protocols include frequent disinfecting of all high-touch surfaces. Each exhibit will close temporarily throughout the day for additional cleaning.
- Access to cleaning supplies: We have positioned more than 100 hand sanitizing stations throughout the museum and placed sanitizing wipes in all exhibit areas.
- Staff and Volunteer health checks: All staff, volunteers, and contractors will have their temperature taken upon entry to the museum and will be required to wear a mask at all times.
An extraordinary experience awaits!
We are adjusting some exhibit experiences to ensure your family has a safe and extraordinary visit.
- Some experiences will remain closed for your safety. This includes Playscape, the Children’s Museum Guild’s Fantasy Tree House of Sports, and the Corteva Agriscience ScienceWorks water table. Additionally, high-touch experiences throughout exhibits will be closed. To find out what’s different in your favorite exhibit click here.
- New live programming is being added in the Sunburst Atrium. Catch a new show every hour led by our professional actors. Additional programs are available in each exhibit.
- Download the Discovery Guide and within each exhibit search for a treasure trove of objects to excite, inspire, inform, and enchant you. These objects represent only a fraction of the 100,000+ objects in the museum’s collection!
- Our beloved mascot Rex will still be here to wave hello at the beginning of the day and lead the end of day parade. He will not be giving high-fives or hugs at this time.
When you’re ready, we’ll be here. In a place where you can feel safe, while having fun.